D. Copperfield

If you really want to hear about it, the first thing you'll probably want to know is where I was born, and what my lousy childhood was like, and how my parents were occupied and all before they had me, and all that David Copperfield kind of crap, but I don't feel like going into it, if you want know the truth. In the first place, that stuff bores me, and in the second place, my parents would have about two hemorrhages apiece if I told anything pretty personal about them. They're quite touchy about anything like that, especially my father. They're nice and all - I'm not saying that - but they're also touchy as hell. Besides, I'm not going to tell you my whole goddam autobiography or anything.

The Catcher in the Rye, J. D. Salinger



Se davvero avete voglia di sentire questa storia, magari vorrete sapere prima di tutto dove sono nato e com'è stata la mia infanzia da schifo e che cosa facevano i miei genitori e compagnia bella prima che arrivassi io, e tutte quelle baggianate alla David Copperfield, ma a me non mi va proprio di parlarne. Primo, quella roba mi secca, e secondo, ai miei genitori gli verrebbero un paio d'infarti per uno se dicessi qualcosa di troppo personale sul loro conto. Sono tremendamente suscettibili su queste cose, soprattutto mio padre. Carini e tutto quanto - chi lo nega - ma anche maledettamente suscettibili. D'altronde, non ho nessuna voglia di mettermi a raccontare tutta la mia dannata autobiografia e compagnia bella.

Il giovane Holden, J. D. Salinger

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento